Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Congratulations Red Sox!

They didn't manage to do it on Monday night when I was there (thanks Lance!), but on Tuesday night, while I was airborne, my beloved Red Sox managed to clinch a playoff spot for the fifth time in six years, defeating the Cleveland Indians 5-4 (thanks NY Nana for making sure I found out about it when I landed in London on Wednesday). I think that calls for another rendition of Sweet Caroline!



And here AL MVP Dustin Pedroia sprays some of the Fenway faithful with champagne during the onfield celebration (why couldn't they have done that the night before?).

More pictures here.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl,

You may have heard me yelling at Heathrow! Especially sweet this year (no pun intended) as the Yankees were eliminated because of the Sox winning.

Now the games on the East Coast may not be played for 2-3 days, as some nasty storms are coming in, thus extending the season a few days..we are battening down the hatches, as we are on the coast.

Go, Red Sox!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google